Friday, December 31, 2021

#222manyWIPS

 

2/22/2022. I turn 40. And those numbers are just fantastic for a milestone birthday. So. I'm declaring it my year for some epic insanity. And this website is how I'm going to chronicle it.

X's are how I find my calm. So it's no surprise that the insanity was going to involve x's, needles, threads, fabric, and lots of patterns. 222 patterns to be exact. (Because... 40 isn't enough when you regularly start 31 projects every March.) But... if you know me 222 is way too broad, so I had to narrow it down a little bit. I decided to break my task into 19 categories and pick patterns by 82 different designers. I was born in 1982... see it all connects. I'm hoping to work on each start for at least 40 minutes. And I'd like to still knock out at least 40 finishes this year - between new starts and current WIPS.

I'll be documenting my progress on instagram under the #222ManyWIPS tag. I'm also hoping to do a daily mini vlog that I hope to publish monthly to my flosstube that talks about how the start went. Ideally, I'm hoping to also update here. But if you've followed me for any amount of time... you know that sometimes my plans are bigger than my abilities. You would think I would have learned by now... but... I make no guarantees.

I've had my patterns picked for quite some time, but we're getting down to the wire for kitting them all up. So I'm up to my neck in floss and fabric pairings and with each moment I'm feeling a little more insane and getting a little more excited!

Check back for more information as the year progresses and celebrate my milestone birthday by creating some epic goals for yourself. And as always... I hope you find your calm one x at a time!


xx Jen

1 comment: