Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Projects... Projects... Projects...

This weekend I took some time (along with the help of my amazingly talented mom) to pull colors, match fabrics, and copy patterns to fill my "one-day" project basket. It's filled mostly with fall and Halloween projects but has a few Christmas projects that were started last year too. I tend to get stuck on either fall or Christmas and those have to be taken down and swapped. I get stuck on what I'd like to replace them with. My love for themes from my teaching days I guess. 

My next goal is to get my floss supply organized again. It's a daunting task - but needs to be done. Craft room will follow that. However, now I have a "work on" basket so stitching is all I want to do!


I'm currently working on Bent Creek's Blackbird Sampler. I finished the winter bird in this series last year but he's still waiting to be framed. Hoping these guys will be able to just be swapped out in the same frame. It's coming along quickly - started it on Saturday. It's nice to see some quick progress. 

Brandon has been stitching again too. He finished his first of the ninja turtles and has moved on to a Halloween piece. It makes me smile when we stitch together - he's a good catch that's for sure! 

Counting down until it's time to get back to stitching...  Addictive personality flaw for sure. Oh well!

1 comment:

  1. I love that "just organised" feeling. It really does make you want to do more stitching.

    Your sampler is coming along beautifully. Lovely rich colours which go perfectly with the fabric.

    ReplyDelete