Sunday, August 27, 2017

Rotation - Week 1

So I've had my rotation plans going for one week.  So far... so good!  I think it will work well giving myself a day to work on each project before switching to the next.  I also like the flexibility of not setting a specific project to a set day each week.  Some days are busy and don't leave time for stitching, and I don't want to make it into a chore. 

I do wish I had thought to take a photo of my starting point on each project, but I went through my camera roll and I think I have a good indication of where most of them had been left off in the past. Anyway, here's some of my accomplishments this week.

Fall & Halloween:  "O Halloween Tree" by Barbara Ana.  Pretty much only backstitching to go.  Finished all of the evil metallic stitches!


Winter & Christmas: "Quaker Christmas II" by ByGone Stitches.  This is my massive project.  It actually got a little more than a day as I worked on it a bit before I came up with my rotation plan.  Still thinking that maybe I'll make another category for my huge projects.  That way I won't get stuck and not produce any Winter or Christmas finishes this year.  This is also my first project using only hand dyed floss.  I don't stitch with a frame and therefore my stitching tends to be very wrinkled at the end.  My mom, a stitching veteran and former LNS owner, frames my pieces and she uses the wet iron method and I'm scared to try that with the hand dyed stuff.  

Spring & Summer: "Chirpy Since" by Barbara Ana (a finish!) and "Blue Bird Sampler" by Bent Creek.  I was able to get a finish with Chirpy.  The pattern calls for a bunch of musical notes, but I'm not really a musical girl - other than belting out the emo feels in my car... so I left them out.  Added a second small yellow star as well.  Also, got a start on the final of the bird sampler series from Bent Creek.  Took a quick trip to a LNS and bought some 28 count linen and hopefully I cut it the right size... I have a tendency to measure wrong and cut crooked.  Fingers crossed I did it right this time.



Everyday Stitches: "Moon Dance" by Kathy Barrick.  This isn't my favorite project, but I'm liking it more after picking it back up.  It was the first project I ever started on 40 count, and I wish I had done it in a bigger count.  I think I'll end up liking it more once it's finished. 

Small Finishes: "Blackbird Sampler" by From the Heart.  This was a quick start this week.  I have the "Bluebird Sampler" finished and have the charts for two others as seasonal swap outs.

Brandon got set up with some stitching too.  We set out on Saturday and picked up some fabric for me and some supplies for him.  He's restarting the "Dark World" map.  We had been stitching it together but it got pretty disjointed.  We figure it would be a nice project for him to do completely since I stitched up "Light World" years ago.  

We had a delicious brunch with some friends this morning and followed it off with games and more yummy food when we stopped to stock up on snacks for tonight's Game of Throne's finale.  We got all caught up so at least we don't have to be so careful about spoilers anymore!  Might get some more stitching time in while we watch, or I might have some wine instead... Although today has already been filled with some delicious alcoholic concoctions thanks to friends with far better mixology skills than me!   

It was a good week.  This next week has the potential to be very busy with work.  I'm hoping to get my stitching time in when I can.  If not, I'm locking myself in my house for the long Labor Day weekend and basking in some extra time at home.

1 comment: